Half past nine in the morning, Germany. You've already done quite a bit: 20 minutes of Pilates training, getting your children out of their pens, the first video conference. No wonder, if the little hunger comes!
You need a snack - and all those chocolate bars and croissants suddenly look very tempting ... But this time you are organized: With a knowing smile you pull out your muki, full to bursting with little magic energy balls. Yes, everything done right!
Bliss Balls - the name says it all. Because with its good qualities this snack lifts us up on cloud bliss. The balls taste simply heavenly and are a healthy food for strained nerves and muscles. And they do not require any added sugar or oven. Perfect when there is a lot going on and the next meal has to wait.
You will need that:
- 100 g macadamia nuts, shelled
- at will a few pistachios, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, shelled
- 50 g dried dates, pitted
- at will a handful of dried cranberries
- 1 heaped teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- fresh zest of half a bio-orange
- a small handful of the desired coating, e.g. chopped freeze-dried berries, chopped
- pumpkin seeds, chopped nuts etc.
It's as simple as that:
- Chop the macadamia nuts and roast them together with the pistachios in a frying pan without fat. Take them out of the pan and let them cool down.
- Put the roasted nuts in a blender with the hemp seeds, the other dried fruits, the cocoa powder, the coconut oil and the orange zest. Mix until a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Form small balls from it and roll them in the respective coating. The berry coating makes the Bliss Balls look pretty, chopped nuts make sure they survive transportation well.