Looking for a new favorite drink for summer? Then you should definitely try iced golden milk. Turmeric Latte is not only known to health-conscious veganistas. The word has spread about how incredibly delicious and beneficial the golden milk is. This is mainly due to the spice that gives it its name, the yellow-orange coloring turmeric.
The idea is anything but new: The recipe for the magic potion comes from centuries old Ayurvedic teachings. According to this, golden milk strengthens the immune system, inhibits inflammation, and helps the liver to clean the body. So, give it to me! But what if the summer sun burns and you start sweating already on your way to work in the morning? Even at warm temperatures you don't have to miss out on the healing effects of golden milk. Ice cold, it' s wonderfully refreshing and a real secret tip for body and soul.
(fits in a 500 ml FLSK drinking bottle)
- 130 ml water
- 350 ml almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 3 - 5 cm grated ginger
- a pinch of grated nutmeg
- a pinch of grated black pepper
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. honey, sugar or agave syrup
- crushed Ice, homemade using ice cubes
This is how:
- Mix the curcuma powder with water in a pot and heat it up, stirring occasionally
- Add the grated ginger and wait until a kind of paste has formed. Tip: You can also cook it in stock and keep it in the fridge for a few weeks.
- Take another pot and heat the vegetable milk with cinnamon and nutmeg in it. Stir the turmeric paste into the milk with a whisk and let everything simmer for another two minutes. It is quite normal that the spices do not dissolve completely.
- Now add sweetener to your taste and sprinkle the pepper over it.
- In theory the golden milk would be finished now and could also be enjoyed warm. For the iced version, let the milk cool down. First at room temperature and later in the fridge.
- Grab some ice cubes and wrap them in a dishtowel or plastic bag. Use a heavy object, to crush the ice into small pieces and put them into the FLSK drinking bottle. Now pour the golden milk over it and enjoy it freezing cold all day long.
Tip: Shake well before drinking!