Do you know the situation? You lie in bed, it's late, you want to sleep. There's a lot on the agenda tomorrow, so you'd better be well-rested and fully awake. But sleep is avoiding you. You turn back and forth. And behind your closed eyes the thoughts are running around.
Don't tense up now! Follow the Ayurvedic path to the land of dreams and prepare a moon milk. The Moon Milk is practically the nocturnal counterpart to the well-known golden milk. It has a similar sleep-inducing effect as grandmother's warm milk with honey, but tastes better by moon lengths.
Moon Milk is available in many delicious varieties, which all look magical thanks to healthy spices, herbs and fruits. In our recipe, beetroot and cherry provide the pink colour while the herb Ashwagandha, also known as sleeping berry, provides relaxation. In Ayurveda, this medicinal plant is successfully used to treat exhaustion and nervousness. Perfect for sleepless nights!
Pink Moon Milk can help
- reducing stress.
- calming body and mind.
- falling asleep faster.
- prolonging deep sleep phases.
- waking up healthier and more regenerated.
Sounds good? Then try it out tonight!
The best time for a cup of Moon Milk is about an hour before bedtime. This will give your body enough time to process the beverage before it switches into its well-deserved resting mode.
- 180 ml almond milk
- 120 ml tart cherry juice (unsweetened sour cherry juice)
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ashwagandha powder
- Decoration: dried rose petals and beetroot powder
- Heat almond milk and cherry juice at low temperature in a small pot.
- Stir the other ingredients into the milk mixture.
- Leave the moon milk to simmer for a few minutes on the switched-off hotplate.
- Enjoy it like this or put it in a blender for an extra frothy result.
- Top off with rose petals or a pinch of beetroot powder as desired.
For perfect timing, keep the Moon Milk in the FLSK drinking bottle. This way the milk stays pleasantly warm for longer.