Sometimes everyday office or family life is really not very varied. But whining does not help. Better take a break from the routine yourself, for example with this daring recipe. First off to the market and then get to the blender!
Are you stuck in a mature afternoon low that no coffee can beat? Then stimulate your taste buds with this firework of flavors: spicy ginger tickles your nose, while the tart note of grapefruit awakens your spirits.
Lemon provides a fresh tingling sensation on the tongue. As a reconciliation after so many stimuli, sugary sweetness flashes again and again through the herbal and citrus notes. If you are currently trying to reduce your sugar intake, you can also enjoy the lemonade without sugar.
If you don't like basil, you can also replace it with other herbs. Experiment with dill or wild herbs like dandelion. They all make this exciting lemonade shine in an intense green. One thing is certain: after a glass of green grapefruit lemonade made according to the original FLSK recipe, you will feel by far more awake and fresher. Just try it out!
Ingredients for 4 persons.
- Ice cubes
- 3 handfuls of basil leaves
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 grapefruit or ready-made juice from the bottle
- 5 cm ginger root
- 5 tbs. of sugar (or less if you're feeling brave)
- 2 organic lemons, zest and eventually juice
- about 700 ml of water
- Free the herbs from the stems and rinse them
- Wash the lemons hot and grate the zest finely. Be careful not to catch the white under as it tastes bitter!
- Peel and finely chop the ginger
- Squeeze the grapefruit
- Pour the ice cubes into the blender so that about half of the mixing bowl is covered
- Add basil, mint, lemon zest, ginger, juice, water and sugar and blend until the ingredients have combined
- Season to taste. Maybe you like it sweeter? Then add sugar. Or more sour? Then a few dashes of lemon juice will help.
Tip: If you keep the grapefruit lemonade in your FLSK, you should shake vigorously before drinking. This will ensure that no sediment has formed.