Vegan cuisine has some prejudices that are difficult to dispel. They say it is either plain, exclusively super-healthy or complicated. All we can say is: Not true! It can be very easy to eat vegan. You are allowed to treat yourself sometimes (chocolate, mmmhhh). And boring? It only gets boring when you run out of ideas for cooking!
Best proof is this recipe. The creamy chocolate pudding is made without any animal ingredients and its uncomplicated nature fits well into everyday cooking. It can do everything a real chocolate pudding has to do: taste incredibly delicious, smell tempting and make up for everything on bad days. The juicy cherries put the icing on the cake.
So as you can see: vegan is not just a matter of abstaining. You don't have much experience with vegan nutrition? Our creamy chocolate pudding is the perfect starter project. You can find everything you need for it in most supermarkets.
For the pudding:
- 100 g vegan chocolate (milk or dark as you prefer)
- 120 ml plant milk (oat, almond ...)
- 120 ml vegan cooking cream
- Mark of 1 vanilla bean
- 15 g Cornflour
For the cherry topping:
- 1-2 handful of sour cherries from the jar
- 2 TL sugar
- ½ TL cinnamon
It's that simple:
- Set aside a shot glass of the milk. Heat the remaining plant milk and cream together in a saucepan.
- Crumble the chocolate into the mixture and let it melt, stirring gently.
- Mix the starch with the small amount of plant milk and stir in.
- Boil and allow to thicken, stirring constantly. Depending on your mood, remove from the heat or keep warm on a low heat. The pudding tastes equally good warm and cold.
- Heat the cherries with a little juice from the jar in a small pot, add the sugar and cinnamon and stir well. Pour over the pudding while it is still warm or when it has cooled down, just before eating.
FLSK tip: This pudding will help you get over any small slumps at work. In the muki Snackpot, the sweet delicacy and topping are aesthetically and discreetly packaged. The pudding goes into the muki pot, the cherries get a separate place in the lid compartment. After you have enjoyed your snack, everything disappears neatly back into your bag.