A dishwasher is super practical. Everything dirty disappears right into it and pops back out a few hours later, kitchen-cupboard dry. By the way, it's also sustainable. After all, you save a lot of water compared to washing dishes by hand.
Why do we still advise you not to put our products in the dishwasher? It will harm them sooner or later. That's why if you love your snack pot and water bottle, you clean them manually.
1. The colored coating likes it better gentle
Regardless of the program selected, the dishwasher is very hot for a long period of time. Together with the often very aggressive dishwasher detergents and the high water pressure, this could lead to discoloration of the coating and, depending on the model, possibly even detach it.
2. The lid of the FLSK drinking bottle also desires manual cleaning
The stainless steel cap of the lid and the BPA-free plastic plug are bonded together by a special, toxin-free adhesive. Due to the prolonged heat in the dishwasher, it can happen that this bonding comes loose, the lid "spins" and you can no longer open your FLSK so easily.
3. The FLSK drinking bottle does not get properly clean in the dishwasher.
Due to the conical shape and the small opening of the FLSK, it is rather unlikely that a water jet from the dishwasher can reach the depth of the FLSK.
Here are our tips on how to clean the FLSK, the muki and our CUP optimally.
For the basic daily program, hot water, possibly a little dishwashing liquid, and a soft sponge are sufficient. Simply rinse the container and lid, wipe with the sponge and allow to air dry with the drip.it+ draining aid.
- Special tips for the FLSK drinking bottle: For heavier soiling, we recommend our cleaning beads, denture cleaning tabs or special bottle brushes.
We also recommend removing the sealing ring from time to time and cleaning it separately. Beverage residues can accumulate underneath, which can lead to bacterial growth and unpleasant odors. You are also welcome to boil the ring occasionally. Since it is made of silicone, it can withstand this without any problems.
Please make absolutely sure that you put the completely dried ring back on the lid the right way around.
- Special tips for the muki snack pot:You couldn't rinse the muki briefly with water right after your breakfast or snack? No problem. Just soak the pot in warm water for a while, so the dried food residues can be easily removed again.
As with the FLSK, we also recommend that you regularly remove the sealing rings of the two containers from the muki and clean them separately. This prevents food debris from accumulating underneath, which can lead to bacterial growth and unpleasant odors. Since all sealing rings of our products are made of silicone, you are welcome to boil them to eliminate possible bacteria.
Please ensure that the seals are fitted correctly so that the muki is nice and tight.
- Special tips for the CUP coffee to go tumbler: Coffee and also black tea tend to stain strongly. But the smooth stainless steel surface of the CUP copes well with this. Simply rinse your CUP briefly every evening as described above with warm water, a little washing-up liquid and a soft sponge, and it will be ready for the next use.
Also like to take off the two silicone parts of the CUP again and again, and clean them separately. Especially the lid that closes the mouthpiece. Since everyone has bacteria in their mouth and you drink directly from the CUP, it is recommended that you always boil it.
You do not need any abrasive or aggressive cleaning agents for our products. We even ask you to refrain from using them to protect the surface. FLSK, muki and CUP simply prefer to be gentle. So you will enjoy the products for a long time.