December 25th. Christmas Eve is over. The presents are taken care of, the magical atmosphere is gone, the hours with your beloved relatives drag on like cinnamon-flavoured chewing gum. But there are still a few days to go before New Year's Eve. What can we do to keep things in harmony?
Hmm, how about a walk? It will blow your brains out and do you so much good after yesterday's gluttony. Plus, the fresh air on Christmas Day has saved many families from the holiday fever.
The perfect addition is a little mulled wine. The alcohol content will loosen up the conversation, Grandma Frieda will blush a bit and you all can enjoy the Christmas spirit together again.
Unfortunately, most of the Christmas markets are already closed, but that is no problem for you as a FLSK member. You simply prepare a round of white vanilla mulled wine for everyone. It is far better than the "adulterated" stuff you can buy ready to drink. In the FLSK, it stands up to the winter cold and waits to be poured steaming into cups on a nice bench.
- 0.5 l white wine
- 125 ml orange juice
- 2 cloves
- ½ Apple
- 1 star anise
- ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of gingerbread spice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
It's as simple as that:
- Heat white wine with orange juice in a pot, do not boil.
- Core the apple and slice it.
- Pour all the spices into a tea filter and add them to the white wine mixture with the apple.
- Remove the pulp from the vanilla bean and mix with the agave syrup.
- Leave the mulled wine to settle for approx. 30 minutes on the low setting and pour it through a sieve into the FLSK or the CUP.
- High expectations
- Finally clearing up the memory
- Make New Year's resolutions
- Start a diet.
- Meeting all those people you don't even want to see
- Give Uncle Erwin a piece of your mind
- Starting that big book for college
- Get the children to bed in time
- Eat all the cookies that nobody wants after the holidays